These sausage rolls were delicious and incredibly easy to make. We use and recommend good quality chevup sausages for their yummy garlic and spice content, however you could use any sausage type you have on hand. We served these with a drizzling of sweet chilli sauce, followed by a lighter drizzling of tomato ketchup. This recipe (or meal idea, rather, as it isn’t particularly complex!) made around 10-12 sausage rolls, though you could obviously very easily increase or decrease this amount by simply using less sausages and pastry. Enjoy!
3 sheets of puff pastry
1 beaten egg
Light drizzling of oil
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Lightly oil oven tray(s).
- Line a sausage up on the pastry in order to get an idea of how much pastry will be needed to cover the length and width of each sausage.
- Cut the pastry in to strips suitably large enough to cover each sausage.
- Roll a piece of pastry over a sausage, pressing the pastry together where each end meets to enclose the sausage.
- Repeat step 5 until all sausages are covered in pastry.
- Put them all on your lightly oiled baking tray, making sure there’s at least a centimetre or so between them.
- Lightly brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes, or until golden.
Serve with your favourite sauce – we recommend sweet chilli and/or tomato ketchup.