This zucchini dish was a fantastic accompaniment to the lord perry’s delicious oriental chicken pieces that we cooked up for tonight’s dinner. The zucchini was nice and juicy when we crunched into it; the flavour really suiting that of the chicken. Simple, quick and affordable – the ideal side!
1 medium sized zucchini
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon ginger
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the zucchini in half, length-ways, then cut the two halves in half, length ways. Cut the resulting lengths of zucchini into half-centimetre pieces.
- Grate the ginger (if using fresh).
- In a pan (or wok) over high heat, heat the oil until it is smoking.
- Add the ginger and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the zucchini slices and stir fry over the heat for five minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy!